Tuesday, April 27, 2021

End of Month in Sight

 And the question arises: will I continue to post on an even slightly regular basis here? I expect so, and not only because it has become a habit. There will be news to report and thoughts on craft will arise.

I am currently listening to the fabulous Linda Gregerson read her poem, "When Nothing But Tree." She seems to be an excellent reader in addition to being a skilled poet.  

I've been told that I read my poems "dismissively," and don't treat them (via tone) as seriously as they deserve. Perhaps this is more true during a critique session with peers than it is at a reading or open mic, where I like to think I present more gravitas. But I am probably kidding myself about this. I shall try to remember Gregerson as a model, if the content warrants it. 

No comments: