Thursday, January 18, 2024

Grateful for the New Year, and new publications

I started 2024 with a series of minor but impactful health problems, but even as I am at half-power recovering from the flu, I am buoyed by today's release of my review of David Keplinger's book Ice in the wonderful Adroit Journal. The editors and creative directors there have been wonderfully supportive, and I am proud of this publication. Keplinger is a fantastic poet and a kind and compassionate human being who leads weekly mindfulness meditations (each one focusing on a selected poem and what it can teach us) through the Mindfulness Initiative at American University (MIAU). I highly recommend his new book and the meditations, even if it means a 6am start time for those of us on the West Coast.




I also just received word last week that one of my newer poems will be picked up by another journal that I admire very much. More details to follow when I have them. Grateful, indeed.


No comments: