Tuesday, August 27, 2024

The Sealey Challenge, Day 27: Information Desk by Robyn Schiff

I've had this book recommended to me more than once, and more than once in response to a draft of one of my own poems. I'm happy to have finally read - or, really, experienced the book. I was able to listen to about half of it, which gave me a great sense of how to hold that voice, and thought, in my head from line to line. So many jumps and shifts. I, too, have worked an information desk of sorts - reference at an downtown public library - and have experienced both startling and repetitive requests, and may have been tempted once or twice to provide wildly inaccurate or ironic answers. I, too, have a bit of a fascination with insects. But what I know about art and history is amounts to a fleck of paint compared to Schiff's knowledge.

Definitely one of the best reads of the Sealey Challenge for me this year.


No comments: