Wednesday, August 26, 2020

The Sealey Challenge, Day Twenty-Six: Absolute Elsewhere

 Absolute elsewhere by Tuggle, Mike | Search for rare books | ABAA

I was a co-featured reader with Mike Tuggle about ten months before his death, and he was so charming and sweet. As are his poems. In my copy of this book, I find a scrap of paper on which he had written his address. It made me sad to find it, and it made me wish I'd gotten to know him better. I could hear his voice while I read these pieces. He was a former Sonoma County Poet Laureate, and I was fortunate enough to be on the Poet Laureate Selection Committee for our current Poet Laureate. So I've been thinking about him a lot lately. His poems demonstrate an understanding of nature, and of the natural order of things, and that makes me believe he is resting in peace. 

No comments: